Our sense of smell has to be the most underappreciated sense of all. Nothing can transport your mind to another time, place, or even mood faster than a sudden, pleasing scent. With that in mind, here are my top ten:
10. New looseleaf paper just out of the wrapper (at least back when I was in my pre-high school days. I’m not sure if it smells the same now)
9. A vanilla shake
8. Distant leaves burning
7. Popcorn at the movies
6. Crisp morning air in the mountains
5. Cinnabon rolls
4. Chocolate chip cookies baking
3. Someone grilling in the neighborhood
2. My young daughter’s skin and hair when she gives me a hug. (That baby/toddler smell is indescribable, and I’m talking about when they are clean!)
1. The lingering scent of Allison’s skin, perfume, or soap left on one of my shirts.
I’d like to know what others like. Do you have a favorite?