Halloween is obviously the best day ever! I can’t wait to see my three-year-old daughter running willy-nilly through our neighborhood in her cowgirl costume. (If I’m lucky, maybe her mom will don a French Maid outfit.) In honor of the festivities, I felt a burning desire to create a 13 question survey. Here it is…feel free to answer it yourself if you like. My fetching wife is doing it as well.
1. What is the worst Halloween treat you’ve ever received while trick-or-treating?
A religious brochure addressing the evils of Halloween. Also, homemade popcorn balls are not a good treat on this occasion. Popcorn balls? Seriously? Sounds like a painful condition.
2. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?
I’ll say Freddy Krueger because he has the best lines. Who can forget, “I’m your boyfriend now, Nancy.”
3. Would you rather be a zombie, alien or psycho? (Why?)
I have to choose psycho because zombies and aliens usually don’t get to carry around axes or chainsaws.
4. How many Halloween, Friday the 13th or A Nightmare on Elm Street movies do you own on dvd combined?
Seven of them combined. Looking forward to the Friday the 13th remake re-imaging due out Friday the 13th of February, 2009.
5. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?
I’m going with the original version of The Exorcist. Pretty disturbing…
6. Lamest Halloween costume you have seen?
I’m not going to count the t-shirt that says, “This is my costume.” I think it has to be the kid in a weird green bug head thing. (See my wife’s blog for the picture.)
7. Favorite Halloween treat?
Full size Reese’s Cups.
8. Friendly faced Jack-O-Lantern or scary one?
Scary one, please.
9. Have you ever had nightmares about a scary movie character?
Yes, I have several times. It has involved being chased through the woods by Jason Voorhees. I think I usually get stuck in mud, too.
10. Best thing about Halloween?
Hey, the trick-or-treaters running around is cute and great. However, my answer here has to be the women dressed in risque costumes. For the sake of clarity, I’ll include a picture example (not of the trick-or-treaters…we all know what that looks like.)
11. Strangest Halloween custom you’ve heard about?
People stealing/hurting people’s black cats. That’s just wrong.
12. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)?
I’m working on my daughter and trying to instill the same excitement about Halloween, but for now I’ll go with a nephew of mine.
13. Are you superstitious? If so, name at least one superstition of yours.
Not especially, but I guess I am somewhat. I really prefer odd numbers to even ones.