Our family will be on a trip for a week, and I’m willing to give a gakrillion (fake) dollars to the first person who can figure out the exact city we will be visiting. The (fake) prize will be sent telepathically, and this blogger is not responsible for anyone who is unable to receive the transmission. Here are the clues about the state and city.
- In the mid 1700s, many of the wealthiest people in what would later become the United States traded rice and indigo in this area.
- The state we will visit suffered greatly from the boll weevil in the past.
- The state has a college named in such a way that you might think it would not be safe to camp there (at least not in the 80s, and not if you want to avoid crazed, fictional killers).
- This place was named after an English sea captain who “claimed” the area for Britain. It had previously been most often under Spanish control.
- The first phone was installed here in 1960.
- A portion of the movie, The Longest Yard (the original) was filmed here.
For more clues, visit my wife’s blog. Good luck. We’ll be back in a week or so!